Benefits of Grass-Fed Beef from Maple Hill Farm
There are a multitude of benefits to purchasing Maple Hill Farm meat. The first and most frequently cited by consumers is the connection to a local livestock farm. People care about how animals are raised and are willing to pay more for humanely raised, local, all-natural meat.
Our customers feel good about helping to support open space, farm families and preserving traditional Massachusetts farms.
There are also direct, explicit health benefits to Maple Hill Farm products. Recent studies have found statistically-significant differences in nutritional benefits and fat content between pasture-raised and conventionally-raised meat products.
Nutritional Facts about Grass-Fed Beef
- Lower in total fat
- Higher in Beta-carotene
- Higher in Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)
- Higher in the B-vitamins thiamin and riboflavin
- Higher in the minerals Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium
- Higher in total Omega-3s
- A healthier ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fatty acids
- Higher CLA (conjugated linoleic acid)
- Higher in vaccenic acid (which can be transformed into CLA)
- Lower in the saturated fats linked with heart disease